Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I like this verse

Today I was feeling down and bummed.
I was praying and reading my Bible, but I found no peace. I was praying for trust and faith, but I had no peace. I was doing my Doctrine of God Bible Study that I got from Aaron, and one of the verses I had to look up was Isaiah 40:28-31.

28Do you not know? Have you not heard?
The Everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth
Does not become weary or tired
His understanding is inscrutable.

29He gives strength to the weary,
And to him who lacks might He increases power.

30Though youths grow weary and tired,
And vigorous young men stumble badly,

31Yet those who wait for the LORD
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary.

Oh my. Hahaha, did you read verse 30? That hit me pretty hard. Of course, it took a while to fully kick in. I was talking to Tiff and being unreasonable and she was calling me a baby. And she said, Do you want to be a man of God. And the Holy Spirit reminded me of that verse. I asked for about 10 minutes and I prayed for awhile.
I just have to trust in Him and take solace in His promises. He promises to be there for us and to always love us and be faithful if we are His. I am His and He will always be with me and inside me. It just depends on how much I trust Him. I'll get tired and weary, but if I wait and trust in God, He'll lift me up. This is a promise for us. Our walk will not be slow and weary if we wait on God.
By the way, I highly encourage doing the Doctrine of God Bible Study by Paul Washer
you can download the PDF here
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=131080700
:-) I like it.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

Good post Jacob. I find myself at times not resting in the promises of God. I hope things are going well for you, I know it's been a little bit since Aaron and I have talked with you...been a little hectic. I'm sure you understand. Can't wait to read more of your posts!