Sunday, August 10, 2008

Preaching

I gave my first sermon tonight and it was very very humbling. Getting put up there with no preparation (I purposely made no plans, papers, or anything besides Bible verses so I had to rely on God and not on myself) and having to rely on God to use me and when I began to go off on my own I get tongue-tied because I have no idea what to do and constantly having to trust God to supply you with what to say so you don't look like an idiot is pretty humbling. I loved it though. Man, I thought I knew a lot, but there's so much more to learn and understand. I love Leonard Ravenhill's quote, "Take this from an old man: There is no finality to the Christian life this side of eternity". I've met, heard, and talked to so many people who are just fired up for God and just want to go out and further the Kingdom and it fires me up too. I love my brothers and sisters in Christ. Some cool ones you should go watch on youtube are
http://www.youtube.com/user/VenomFangX
http://www.youtube.com/user/shockawenow
http://www.youtube.com/user/CrossReach
They're all pretty cool Godly people.
Prayer, Sharing, and Reading are definitely 3 of the most important things to do as a born-again believer.
I need some prayer. My flesh wants one thing, but I don't know exactly what to do about. Hahaha, I love how Aaron said it, "When you ask God a question, He has three answers: Yes, No, and Wait." Also I'm reading a book called waiting on God. So I'm going to wait until His answer is made clear to me either through His word, His people, or circumstances. I love ya'll and I encourage you that if you're a guest to leave a comment.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

I think you did a great job and I could tell that it was completely from the heart. God gave you just the right words to say and that was because you allowed Him to do so. I will be praying for you.