Monday, August 25, 2008

Witnessing Sunday

8:45- Wake up and get ready for church
9:15- Leave for Church
9:20- Arrive at Church
9:30- Enjoy the very very very great service
12:00- Leave church to go eat at Burger King
12:50- Leave Burger King to go to the Mall to witness
1:00- Arrice at mall and find everyone.
1:15- Pray, talk, and break up into groups.
Missinator, Little Girl, JC, and I went around the food court and I went up to as many tables as I could and put down a tract. Afterwards we talked to a lady and asked if we could pray for her. She said yes, but not right now, the manager didn't like it. So we told her we would and walked on. Missinator led mostly and prayed with people and I was in the background. Scared to share. Finally after completely messing up and not sharing sooo many times. JC said, Come on man. There're some guys over there just sitting. Missinator was sharing her testimony with some guy and I told JC in a minute. He said, "We're here to witness to people. Not to watch Missy do it." BOOM! God reached out to me through that and I went and began talking to people. Unfortunately I didn't get far with too many people besides praying with them. No one wanted to talk. But God did let me go farther than I ever had. I asked them if they needed anything prayed about and the two boys said nope. I asked them if they had a few minutes to talk. One of them said, sure. I was dumbfounded. Someone wanted to talk to me? What what what? I asked him, if you died righ tnow, where would you go? He said Heaven. I asked him that if he stood in front of the pearly gates and God said, why should I let you in. What would he tell God. He said that he would get in because he trusts in Jesus Christ and knows he can not get in by himself. I shook his hand because I knew he was serious. At first I was a little dismayed since I couldn't lead someone to Christ, but then I realized God had led me that far with that boy so I wouldn't be attacked and discouraged by someone. God had protected me and let me start being bolder wtih one of His children so I could grow and become more comfortable with it. :-) God is good. We prayed with some other people and I met with some other people who said they were Christians. One guy after I asked if he needed any prayer said he had just got done praying. Hahaha. Guys, pray for the people of this city. There are so many lost. All in all it was a pretty successful trip. Chase got to go through the law and gospel with a person! We planted many seeds and hopefully God will grow some of them. Can't wait to do it again. I think Sunday afternoon witnessing is going to become a regular thing now. :-) God willing.

No comments: