Sunday, October 5, 2008

I enjoy it

When I have my heart so set on something, and so set against something else, but God keeps pushing the thing I don't want on me, and then all of a sudden, it clicks. That feeling of, "Ohh! I get it!" See, in my last post I talked about how set against going somewhere else before seminary I was, and how I thought it wasn't trusting God to get a degree. I basically thought that if God wants me to do it, He'll provide. But after talking with several people about it and hearing what they have to say, I realized this, that maybe God's way of providing for me is to make me get this degree before seminary. I had it in my head that God would do some miraculous thing if I needed money, even though I knew that that's not how God works. So now I have no problem with going to Calhoun and getting some degree. The only question I have is what degree to get. I've looked at a lot of them, and they don't interest me much, but I'll keep praying about it and just trying to hear Him. Thank you.

1 comment:

D Herrod said...

Give you the same advice my dad gave me. He had both undergrad and grad degrees in religion. If you plan to go to seminary get an undergrad degree in something else.

If you think youth ministry is your calling education is a great place to start.